Marielle Mershart, LCSW
This is, by no means, a comprehensive list, but include books of compelling interest and have stood the test of time.
I update this list from time to time, so check back again to see what's new on this page.
- Babies And Their Mothers by D. W. Winnicott
- Love's executioner, and other tales of psychotherapy by Irvin D. Yalom
- The Freud Reader by Sigmund Freud, M. D., edited by Peter Gay
- The Interpersonal World of the Infant: a View from Psychoanalysis and Developmental Psychology
by Daniel Stern, M.D.
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are
by Daniel Siegel, PhD
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison, PhD
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, M.D.
- Gratitude by Oliver Sacks, MD
- The Noonday Demon by Andrew Solomon
- The Magic Years by Selma Frieberg
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The Teenage Brain by Frances Jensen
- Hold Me Tight: Your Guide to the Most Successful Approach to Building Loving Relationships
by Dr Sue Johnson
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find and Keep Love
by Dr. Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers
- Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death by Irving D. Yalom